Tuesday 1 April 2014

3D Game Update

Since the last time I have posted about it I have added in a damaging Physics volume around a "shrine" in my map

Properties of a physics volume
You just need to have the red builder brush at the desired size then click on add volumes and add a Physics Volume. With one added you just need to add a damage per second and change the damage type to none. The last step is to tick pain causing so it will actually damage the player.

I have also added in a rotating key that spins once all the correct objects are in place. I achieved the spinning by rotating the key 180 degrees every .5 of a second for 1.5 seconds. Then I ticked looping on the matinee sequence and also increased the play rate so it seemed faster than it would normally

My static mesh key
I added in a fractured version of a static mess into the level that activates a sequence upon taking damage.

UDK static mesh editor, fracture tool.
One of the last things which I have added in is a weapon locker to allow the player to have access to a weapon in the level as they do not spawn with one. They can be found under the actor class tab of the content browser in the the weapons drop down under the pick up menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment