Monday 13 January 2014

Doodle for Google

Today we began work on our image processing assignment. We had a choice of weather to design a Christmas card for our college or to enter the doodle for Google competition. I decided to enter the doodle for Google competition.

The competition has a set theme, "Adventure" . I choose what the greatest adventure man has ever been on and that is space exploration.

We set up our pages on Photoshop and got to work.
I started off my logo by drawing a eliptical shape on the background and adding to it from there

First draft of doodle
As you can see I added in a circle to represent the earth and a few white dots to represent stars.

This basic element didn't change much from the start of the project up until the finishing stages.

As I added in more elements to my scaled univers it realy began to take shape

Draft 3

With the help of a lens flare effect I was able to represent the sun in a way that saved me quite a sizeable amount of time.
The addition of the rocket and space station at this stage seems pointless but I work more on them later.

I edited the size and amount of stars visible on my doodle and even added a small white connecting line from a few of them to represent the first G in google.

draft 5

I then overlaped the earth and the moon and ever made it look as though the rocket was taking off from earth.

draft 6

I enhanced the size of the moon and added deepth with tht use of shadow and bevel and boss effects.
I did the same to the space station, the earth and the rocket. 
With the addition of these effects my doodle began to look alot less cartoony

After some final changes, adding in a few background stars and giving a glow effect to some existing ones, I was happy with the result and decided that was where I was going to end my work on my doodle.

Finished draft


No comments:

Post a Comment